For general swims, users should:
- Shower at home before and after their swim*.
- Arrive beach-ready – Changing facilities are available on exit only. Swimmers can remove and store their outer layer of clothing in a locker.
- Follow centre and pool instructions for using the centre.
In the centre:
- Follow all guidance from the team.
- Follow one-way systems and pay attention to signage.
- Make regular use of hand-washing facilities/sanitiser stations.
- No spectators are allowed for lane swimming.
In the pool:
- Follow directions for entry and exit and throughout your visit.
- Choose the correct lane to swim for your own ability. Change lanes if you find you are in the wrong lane.
- No overtaking while swimming.
- Check distance in front before pushing off from the side.
- Follow the advice and guidance of lifeguards and other team members.
*In accordance with latest government guidelines shower facilities are limited to people with Disabilities. Please notify a member of staff when you arrive if you need to access these facilities.
- Respect others who are of different standards and abilities.
- Avoid physical contact with other users.
- Maintain social distancing at all times.
- When the pool is busy, wide strokes such as butterfly should be avoided.
- Change lanes depending on stroke and speed, adhering to the six per lane maximum.
- Keep at the wall when using resting points. Other swimmers may keep on swimming without stopping, so turn your head away from the swimmers to maintain social distancing.
- Stay hydrated by bringing your own pre-filled water bottle to the poolside during your swim.
- Bring your own equipment, such as floats.
Raring to go?
Remember: pre-booking and paying in advance is now mandatory for all activities.